Sunday, October 28, 2012

e.l.f. NYC Baked Eyeshadow Palette



I purchased the e.l.f. Baked Eyeshadow Palette for $10 from their website. It seems e.l.f. is finally breaking into the baked market. I can't say I am too impressed with the blushes I purchased, but I will save that for a review after I've tested them further.

I have not yet worn the shadows yet, but from swatching I can tell a primer is very important. Wearing them wet would be the other best option.  There are 10 colors in all. The NYC palette is a cool palette. They also have a California palette that is warmer.


The first four shadows are very light and frosty. Perhaps from the photo below you can see the stripe down the middle where the shadow is over the primer.
No Primer - Primer - Wet

The next four are the fifth shadow from the top row and the first three on the bottom. The darker colors have a bit more depth to them when applied wet. The brown is a beautiful chocolate color as long as it is over the primer or applied wet.

No primer -  primer - wet

The last two in the palette are a sparkly black and a blue. When wet the blue has a purple hue to it. However, the wet blue stained my finger and my hand! I don't think I will be using this one wet.
No primer - primer - wet

Red stain on my finger from blue shadow
Can you see the red stain under my middle knuckle where I swiped the wet blue shadow?
Overall, I think it may be another decent e.l.f. product. They are a bit dusty and sparkly and fallout is certain.
For $10 - That's a dollar a shadow - I suppose it will do.

1 comment:

  1. wholesale leather
    :-we are happy to read your post , its a very nice and more informative...

    ReplyDelete